Vote with the Facts!
We feel that there is no more urgent matter than to share these researched facts nationwide in order
to counter "the spin," register voters, and support them all the way to the polls.
© 2004, Vote with the Facts & US Face to Face
Permission to copy, reprint, and distribute granted.
War and International Affairs
1) What are the consequences of the torture, sexual abuse and
murder at Abu Ghraib prison in
1) These abuses violate the Geneva Conventions.
2) These abuses further undermine the
3) These abuses have further alienated the Iraqi public.
4) These abuses put US soldiers at greater risk all over the world.
5) These abuses caused further loss of any moral ground the
By the fall of 2003, the majority of several thousand detainees in Abu Ghraib Prison were civilians who were picked up by the
The New Yorker magazine, issue date
Top Brass at Fault, Robert Burns, Associated
Press, The Examiner,
Amnesty International Report: The Gulf and the Arabian Peninsula: EU-US Summit: End the EU's embarrassing silence on US torture (News AMR 51/102/2004--June 24, 2004); Open Letter from Amnesty International to the President of the European Council Bertie Ahern on the occasion of the EU-US Summit, June 25-26, 2004;www.news.amnesty.org
2) Did Bush order the Pentagon to explore an invasion of
"President Bush ordered the Pentagon to explore the possibility of a ground invasion of Iraq well before the United States was attacked on Sept. 11, 2001" an official told ABC News, confirming the account former Treasury Secretary Paul O’Neill gives in a book written by former Wall Street Journal reporter Ron Suskind. The official, who asked not to be identified, was present in the same National Security Council meetings as O’Neill immediately after Bush’s inauguration in January and February of 2001. O’Neill says that from the very start of his administration, Bush was focused on ousting Saddam.
Source: "Corroborating O’Neill’s Account: Official Confirms Claims That
Saddam Was Bush’s Focus Before 9/11," John Cochran, ABC News,
3) What specific evidence came from former Treasury Secretary O’Neill and
others concerning Bush’s plans to take over
A Pentagon document dated
An earlier document marked Secret from January 2001, "Plan for
Source: "Bush Sought ‘Way’ To Invade
4) The Bush administration claimed that
No such weapons were found according to the UN weapons inspectors, the CIA-led Iraq Survey Group (ISG), and the Pentagon’s own Defense Intelligence Agency.
Sources: "Search in Iraq Finds No Banned Weapons," Dana Priest and Walter Pincus, Washington Post staff writers, Fri., Oct. 3, 2003, p. A01, http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A35638-2003Oct2?language=printer
"2002 Report Found No Iraqi
Arsenal," Bryan Bender, Boston Globe article, reprinted in the San
5) What other reports concluded that there were no Weapons of Mass Destruction?
A report from UN weapons inspectors to be released this week says they now
believe there were no weapons of mass destruction of any significance in
Source: Kay calls on Bush to 'come clean' about WMD, Christian Science
Kay: Bush Should Admit Error on Iraq WMD:
Ex-WMD Inspector David Kay Advises Bush to Admit He Was Wrong About Weapons in
Bush, Aides Ignored CIA Caveats on
6) Did the CIA claim that
No. In his first public defense of prewar intelligence, CIA Director George
Tenet said that
Source: CIA Boss:
7) During the 1980s who sold weapons to
US, British, and German companies sold deadly weapons to the Iraqi regime.
Even with well-known reports of Hussein’s malicious use of weapons against his
own people, the Reagan and Bush Administrations both authorized the sale of
lethal weaponry to
8) The administration claimed there was a connection between Al-Qaeda and
To date, the administration has not come forward with any evidence of a
close relationship between
Discrediting the significance of a leaked Pentagon memo purporting a
connection, one former senior intelligence official likened the memo to a
series of "data points . . . among the millions of holdings of the
intelligence agencies, many of which are simply not thought likely to be
true." The Pentagon followed suit, issuing its final word on the memo soon
after the leak had been released to the press. "News reports that the
Defense Department recently confirmed new information with respect to contacts
between al Qaeda and
Source: "CIA Seeks Probe of Iraq-Al Qaeda Memo
Leak," Walter Pincus, Washington Post
9) Colin Powell made a case before the UN to go to war with
Colin Powell’s speech before the UN Security Council cited a 19-page British
dossier that was plagiarized, in large part, from an academic paper on
10) Were the administration’s claims that Saddam Hussein was working on
buying nuclear materials from
No. According to the International Atomic Energy Agency, the claims
Source: "Who Lied To Whom?" Seymour M. Hersh,
The New Yorker,
Source: "Open Warfare: Bush vs. the Intelligence Community," Ivan Eland, Senior Fellow and Director of the Center on Peace & Liberty, The Independent Institute, Sept. 30, 2003, http://www.independent.org/tii/news/030930Eland.html
11) Open: President Bush in the State of
12) Open: Do you approve of unilateral military action by the
War Costs, Deaths, and Injuries
1) How much is it costing
$5.4 billion ($4.4 billion in
Source: "Disparity in
2) How many US military deaths and injuries in the war and occupation of Iraq?
1102 US service members have died as of October 19, 2004 or 89% of military forces there. 896 deaths since Bush announcement to “Bring them on” on July 2, 2003.
Source: Source Iraq Coalition Casualty Count - http://icasualties.org/oif/
More than 900 US Soldiers have been killed since May 1, 2003, when U.S. President George W. Bush declared major combat over. Since the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq began in March, 2003, almost 16,000 wounded, injured or sick soldiers from the conflict have been evacuated to Landstuhl, Germany which handles between 30 and 55 a day from Iraq and Afghanistan alone. About 160 U.S. soldiers from Iraq have had limbs amputated, and 200 have lost all or part of their sight from bomb blasts. About 1,400 U.S. soldiers have been treated exclusively for mental health problems caused by the trauma of war.
Source: U.S. casualties grim cost of Iraq war: Human tragedies take toll on medics, Sandro Contento, Toronto Star, Sep. 26, 2004
"Death, injury, illness toll at 10,000 for U.S. in Iraq," Roger Roy, Orlando Sentinel, Nov. 29, 2003, http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2001803475_senthome290.html
3) How much has the war in
The total spending allocated to
Source: "The Cost of War for States and
4) How many tons of depleted uranium have we left in
"The Pentagon and United Nations estimate that US
and British forces used 1,100 to 2,200 tons of armor-piercing shells made of
depleted uranium during attacks in
Source: "Use of depleted uranium weapons lingers as health concern,"
Larry Johnson, Seattle Post-Intelligencer Foreign Desk Editor,
5) What are the health consequences of using depleted uranium in the first Gulf War?
Depleted uranium "can produce cancer in the lungs,
bones, blood, or kidneys....Children are 10 to 20 times more sensitive to the
effects of radiation than adults....pediatricians in the Iraqi town of Basra,
for example, are reporting an increase of 6 to 12 times in the incidence of
childhood leukemia and cancer." "The incidence of congenital
malformations has doubled in the exposed populations in
Sources: "Medical Consequences of Attacking
6) Do you know what depleted uranium is and what the main health and environmental effects of depleted uranium are?
Described as a "serious health threat" by the US Defense Nuclear
Agency, DU is a particularly lethal toxin because it poses the double risk of
chemical and radioactive poisoning. Former US army colonel Doug Rokke, who served in the Gulf War to advise on radioactive
clean up, says almost every person in his 30-member team is now seriously ill
because of DU, and three have died of lung cancer. Yet DU poisoning doesn’t
stop there. In one military unit, 67% of children born to US Gulf veterans had
severe illnesses or birth defects. And one Canadian study of a DU-affected site
DU, the byproduct of enriching uranium for nuclear weapons or reactors, is used in armor-piercing shells and becomes deadly immediately after hitting a solid object. Once detonated, DU bursts into a burning spray of radioactive dust, spreading as far as 26 miles from its point of impact. With such a wide range of radiation, DU has disastrous consequences for the nearby land, water supply, civilian population, and affected soldiers.
Sources: "Q&A: Depleted uranium weapons," Alex Kirby, BBC
Environment Correspondent, BBC News, World Edition,
"Forum: Ask Alex Kirby," BBC News,
7) What are the total estimated deaths of Iraqi civilians?
The Medact report, Continuing Collateral Damage, estimates that 22,000 to 55,000 people on all sides, including those in the military, have died in the war.
Source: "Iraqi’s ‘Health Will Suffer for Generations’," James Meikle, Guardian Newspapers Limited, 2003, http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1083106,00.html
8) How many
Source: "US deaths in
9) What are the total estimated deaths of
3,800 civilian deaths in
10) According to Nuclear Posture Review, leaked to the press in January
Sources: Nuclear Posture Review, http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/library/policy/dod/npr.htm
Los Angeles Times article at www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-op-arkinmar10.story
11) Open: Do you feel safer now than you did before we went to war with
Qs. 1-13 Distilled from 911 Commission Report [Richard Ben-Veniste is a 911 Commission Member questioning witnesses, National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice and FBI Director Pickard during the hearings] references are below question 13:
1) When did the lead expert on al Qaeda first attempt to brief National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice and does the meeting occur?
On January 25th, five days after the inauguration, Rice receives a memo written by this man: Richard Clarke. Clarke, who managed counterterrorism policy on Clinton's National Security Council, its lead expert on al Qaeda, is kept on the job by Bush and Rice.
In the memo, Clarke declares an "urgent need" that the "Principals," the heads of the CIA, FBI, State and Defense Departments, meet to be briefed on the al Qaeda threat. In addition in the memo, Clarke had also attached a plan of action to "roll back" bin Laden.
The meeting to brief the administration on counterterrorism which Clarke proposed does not occur.
2) What is the current state of classification of Clarke’s memo of January 25, 2001?
To this day, the White House has refused to declassify Clarke's memo. Rice had effectively demoted him, downgraded his office, and informed him he was no longer needed at the meetings of the principals.
3) What did our National Security Advisor say about the idea of hijacking and using planes as weapons?
RICE: I don't think anybody could have predicted that these people would take an airplane and slam it into the World Trade Center, take another one and slam it into the Pentagon; that they would try to use an airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile.
4) How many times, actually, had the attack been imagined according to the records of the intelligence community what the 9/11 Commission would uncover?
Twelve times in the seven years before 9/11, the CIA reported that hijackers might use airplanes as weapons.
5) What were some of the warnings and briefs to the administration prior to the attacks?
Even as the White House takes no action, America's electronic eyes and ears pick up new threats all over the world. By April, the "chatter," as the spies call it, is ominous.
On June 25th, Clarke warns Rice that, quote: "Six separate intelligence reports showed al Qaeda personnel warning of a pending attack."
Three days later, he warns her that the pattern of al Qaeda activity indicating planning for an attack, quote, "had reached a crescendo."
In early July, the CIA urgently warns the White House of, quote, "spectacular terrorist attacks" that will result in, quote, "numerous casualties."
"The system was blinking red," CIA director George Tenet testifies. Nearly forty times before 9/11, he briefs the President on the rising threat — a pending attack — by bin Laden. And Condoleezza Rice has known since January that al Qaeda sleeper cells are in the United States.
The August 6th memo titled, “Bin Laden Determined to Attack Inside the United States” was delivered to President Bush in Crawford, Texas.
6) FBI Director Pickard met with Ashcroft in meetings which began with information about terrorism. What was Ashcroft’s response to warnings concerning terrorism in which the Director of the FBI, Pickard warned that the threat level was going up and was very high?
BEN-VENISTE: And you told the staff, according to this statement, that Mr. Ashcroft told you that he did not want to hear about this any more. Is that correct?
PICKARD: That is correct.
7) When the FBI asks for money to add hundreds more agents to track terrorist threats, what is the response from the Attorney General Ashcroft?
Attorney General John Ashcroft says no to the FBI for funding more agents to track terrorist threats.
8) What was the title of the August 6th, 2001 PDB, the Presidential Daily Brief which is an important daily brief provided to the President? And what were the intentions of the CIA Analysts who wrote it?
BEN-VENISTE: There was nothing reassuring, was there, in that PDB?
RICE: Certainly not.
The two CIA analysts who draft it will testify they wanted to make clear that the threat of al Qaeda striking on American soil is "current and serious."
BEN-VENISTE: Isn't it a fact, Dr. Rice, that the August 6th PDB warned against possible attacks in this country? And I ask you whether you recall the title of that PDB.
RICE: I believe the title was "Bin Laden Determined to Attack Inside the United States." Now, the PDB…
MOYERS: The two CIA analysts who draft it will testify they wanted to make clear that the threat of al Qaeda striking on American soil is "current and serious."
9) What was the information which President Bush received according to the 911 Commission Report?
The President had been informed that, quote: "Bin Laden told followers he wanted to retaliate in Washington."
The President had been informed that FBI information, quote, "indicates patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks, including recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York."
And the President had been informed of reports that a group of bin Laden supporters are, quote, "in the U.S. planning attacks."
The President received the August 6th PDB: "Bin Laden Determined to Attack Inside the United States" at his ranch in Crawford, Texas.
10) How many more days did Bush remain in Crawford, Texas after receiving the August 6th PDB, the Presidential Daily Brief (important daily brief), entitled: “Bin Laden Determined to Attack Inside the United States”?
The President stays at his Texas ranch for 23 more days after receiving “Bin Laden Determined to Attack Inside the United States.”
11) The administration received months of warnings through the CIA and Richard Clarke, and Clarke’s January 25th request for a meeting declaring an urgent need that the "Principals," the heads of the CIA, FBI, State and Defense Departments, meet to be briefed on the al Qaeda threat. When does President Bush’s National Security Adviser convene a Cabinet-level meeting to discuss the urgent warnings?
Not until September 4th — after almost eight months in office — does Rice finally chair a meeting of the men in charge of the CIA, FBI, State and Defense Departments to discuss al Qaeda. She does not invite Richard Clarke.
12) What are the results of the meeting on terrorism which include the CIA, the FBI, the State and Defense Department?
The Principals meet in the White House Situation Room but take no urgent action.
13) According to the Bush Administration, on the morning of 9/11 what information about the hijackings were known in FL while Bush is touring a school?
White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card told us he was standing with the President outside the classroom when senior advisor to the President Karl Rove first informed them that a small, twin engine plane had crashed into the World Trade Center. [Another transcript from the White House website stated that Bush said he saw the plane crash into the WTC.]. No one traveling with President Bush knows that American 11 has been hijacked or that a second plane that had taken off from Boston, United 175, is now missing. The President was seated in a classroom of second graders when, at approximately 9:05, Andrew Card whispered to him, quote, "A second plane hit the second tower. America is under attack."
Between 9:15 and 9:30, the staff was busy arranging a return to Washington. No one in the traveling party had any information during this time that other aircraft were hijacked or missing [even 30 minutes after two planes hit the World Trade Centers]. As far as we know, no one was in contact with the Pentagon.
14) After the first, the second, and third airplanes have hit the World Trade Centers and the Pentagon, at what time does President Bush talk to the Secretary of Defense?
The President apparently spoke to Secretary Rumsfeld briefly some time after 10:00 [at least 22 minutes or more after the third plane struck its target, the Pentagon], but no one can recall any content beyond a general request to alert forces. The President and the secretary did not discuss the use of force against hijacked airliners in this conversation.
Sources: 9-11 Commission Report, http://www.9-11commission.gov/report/911Report.pdf
NOW with Bill Moyers, 911 Commission Report Transcript September 10, 2004 PBS
15) Was the 911 attack preventable according to the chair of the 911 Commission?
Former New Jersey Gov. Thomas H. Kean, the chairman of the independent commission investigating the Sept. 11 attacks stated publicly that 9/11 could have and should have been prevented.
Sources: 9/11 Chair: Attack Was Preventable, CBS News, Dec. 17, 2003
16) Open: If 15 of the 19 Al-Qaeda
members on the planes that crashed into the World Trade Centers were from
Source [for documentation of 15 out of 19]: http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&node=&contentId=A43079-2003Nov14¬Found=true
17) Which elite American family does business with the Saudi royal family?
The Bush family.
Sources: "The Prince: How the Saudi Ambassador became
"Saving the Saudis," Craig Unger, Vanity Fair, October 2003. See Also: House of Bush, House of Saud: The Secret Relationship Between the World's Two Most Powerful Dynasties, by Craig Unger; American Dynasty: Aristocracy, Fortune, and the Politics of Deceit in the House of Bush by Kevin Phillips
18) Members of which Saudi family were allowed to leave the
The bin Ladens — 24 members of the bin Laden family who had been living in the US were flown out of the country after first being flown by private jet to a secret assembly point in Texas. The FBI was not allowed to ask them more than a few cursory questions.
Sources: "Fearing Harm, bin Laden Kin Fled from US," Patrick E.
Tyler, New York Times,
"Saving the Saudis," Craig Unger, Vanity Fair, October 2003.
19) With which government agency did Osama bin Laden train?
Osama bin Laden, the famous CIA-trained terrorist,
quickly became the prime suspect as federal authorities identified the
hijackers, many of whom had been in the
Source: "Events Related To Central Intelligence Agency," Harper’s Magazine, http://www.harpers.org/CIA.html
Some people trained under CIA command in the 1980s turned into loyal fighters for the Taliban. For example, a man who played a significant role in the advent and growth of the Taliban movement was Mullah Mohammed Omar, the current chief of the Taliban and former fighter under a CIA-trained commander.
Sources: "Lessons from History: US Policy Toward
Afghanistan, 1978-2001," Reyko Huang,
"Anatomy of a Victory: CIA’s Covert Afghan War,"
Steve Coll, Washington
Some media outlets have reported that during
Source: "FAQs: Osama bin Laden," Jessica Wong, CBC News Online, Sept. 2001, http://www.cbc.ca/news/indepth/background/wtc_questionbinladen.html
20) Were there warnings about the potential attack?
US intelligence officials had several warnings that terrorists might attack
Sources: "Report cites warnings before 9/11," CNN,
"American Morning: Secrets of
21) FAA regulations require immediate dispatch of supersonic fighter jets to intercept airplanes off course or out of radio contact. Why were these FAA regulations not followed immediately after the hijacked planes lost radio contact?
NORAD, the North American Aerospace Defense Command, has never explained why two routinely scrambled "anti-terror" interceptors on 15-minute strip alert at Andrews AFB just 10 miles from the Pentagon were held on the ground until after that target was struck.
Source: San Diego Union-Tribune,
Retired Maj. Gen. Larry K. Arnold, who was in charge of NORAD on Sept. 11, told a national inquiry last May it was "physically possible" for the Langley Falcons to have intercepted the Pentagon plane had they been activated earlier. The FAA knew Flight 77 had been hijacked at But instead of following regulations and procedures used at least once a week to scramble fighters to escort wayward civil aircraft, the FAA did not notify NORAD until
The first pair of F-15s launched from Otis AFB on
A pair of F-16s scrambled from
Sources: "Air Force Says 911 Interceptors Flew Slow,"
News Release, PR Newswire Europe Limited,
22) Open: You are the President of the
Flight controllers suspect that Flight 11 has been hijacked.
Flight 11 hits the WTC.
President Bush arrives at
Flight 175 hits the WTC.
Chief of staff Andrew
Card, whispers into the president’s ear, "A second plane has hit the
Bush leaves school children.
Bush calls the crashes an "apparent terrorist attack on our country."
Flight 77 hits the Pentagon.
President Bush authorizes the air force to shoot down hijacked planes.
Flight 93 crashes in
Sources Compiled from: "
CNN, "September 11: Chronology of terror," http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/09/11/chronology.attack/
"A Timeline," Christian Science
Monitor staff writers,
[These sources were not verified against the 911 Commission Report which were released recently.]
On being told of the second impact by Andy Card, Bush simply went on with the school visit and listened to children reading about a pet goat. For twenty minutes. [Watch the video!]
23) What are the FAA regulations concerning hijackings?
Here are the FAA regulations concerning hijackings: "The FAA hijack
coordinator . . . on duty at
Here are the instructions issued by the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of
Sources: "Nothing Urgent," George Szamuely,
US Foreign & Defense Policies
1) Is preemptive war legal?
Preemptive war violates Article 51 of the United Nations Charter (a treaty
ratified by almost every nation in the world, including the
The prohibition against aggressive war, like that against slavery and torture, is a fundamental international law. In clear violation of this fundamental law, the Bush Administration’s radically new "preemptive strike" doctrine proclaims that the United States may use military force against any state it perceives to be hostile; any state which seeks to acquire biological, chemical or nuclear weapons; or any one that "aids" terrorism.
Source: "Bush’s Illegal War," Elizabeth Haddix, http://www.nlg.org/news/articles/haddix_oped.htm
Preemptive force "is extremely dangerous and flat-out illegal,"
says Jordan Paust, professor of international law at
Source: "As Attack on
2) How many international security-related treaties has the Bush administration violated, refused to participate in, or withdrawn from?
At least nine. They include, but are not limited to, the following.
• United Nations Charter — preemptive war;
unauthorized invasion of
According to an August 2002 report by a UN subcommission, laws which are contravened by the use of depleted uranium shells include: the Universal Declaration of Human Rights; the Charter of the United Nations; the Genocide Convention; the Convention Against Torture; the four Geneva Conventions of 1949; the Conventional Weapons Convention of 1980; and the Hague Conventions of 1899 and 1907, which expressly forbid employing "poison or poisoned weapons" and "arms, projectiles or materials calculated to cause unnecessary suffering." All these laws are designed to spare civilians from unwarranted suffering in armed conflicts.
• Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty — refusal to engage in verified and irreversible reduction and elimination of nuclear forces; planning for maintenance and modernization of a large nuclear arsenal for the indefinite future (in violation of the obligation to negotiate nuclear disarmament in good faith).
• Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty — does not support ratification.
• Verification Protocol on Biological Weapons — refused to support completion of negotiations on an agreement to verify compliance with the existing ban on biological weapons contained in the Biological Weapons Convention.
• Rome Statute of the International Criminal
Court — in unprecedented action, notified the UN that the
• Treaty Banning Antipersonnel Mines — has
taken no action to move towards US participation in the ban on landmines as
projected by the
• Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty — withdrawal effective June 2002.
"US Forces’ Use of Depleted Uranium
Weapons is ‘Illegal’," Neil Mackay, Sunday Herald,
Nicole Deller and John Burroughs, "Jus ad Bellum: Law Regulating Resort to Force," Human Rights, winter 2002, http://www.abanet.org/irr/hr/winter03/lawregulatingresorttoforce.html
Rule of Power or Rule of Law? An Assessment of U.S. Policies and Actions Regarding Security-Related Treaties, Nicole Deller, Arjun Makhijani, John Burroughs, eds. (Apex Press, 2003).
"Arms Control Abandoned: The Case of Biological Weapons," Nicole Deller and John Burroughs, World Policy Journal, summer 2003, http://www.worldpolicy.org/journal/articles/wpj03-2/deller.html
"A Call to Arms Control," Jim
Wurst, Washington Times,
Institute for Energy and Environmental Research and Lawyers’ Committee on Nuclear Policy Briefing Paper, "Multilateral Treaties Are Fundamental Tools for Protecting Global Security; United States Faces Choice of Bolstering These Regimes or Allowing Their Erosion," http://www.lcnp.org/pubs/RuleofLawbriefing.htm
3) How much is the
Source: "Bush Signs Defense Authorization Bill," Fred Barbash, Washington Post staff writer,
"For 45 years of the Cold War we were in an arms race with the
Source: "Last of the Big Time Spenders: U.S. Military Budget Still the
World’s Largest, and Growing," Center for Defense Information,
4) Open: How do you feel about the fact that we are spending more than all of the next 20 top-spending nations combined and 52% of the yearly discretionary budget goes to military expenses?
Source: See Federal Budget Pie Chart, http://www.warresisters.org/piechart.htm
5) Do you know how many nuclear weapons the
8,000 nuclear warheads.
Source: "Nuclear Posture Review Submitted to Congress on
6) Do you know how many tons of chemical weapons the
In 1997, at the signing of the Chemical Weapons Convention, the
Sources: "U.S. Lags in Destroying Chemical Weapons: Likely won’t meet
deadline to be rid of chemical stores," Kathleen Kenna,
The Toronto Star,
7) What is the administration’s response to the international treaty called the "Chemical Weapons Convention," which is aimed at reducing and eliminating these chemical weapons?
The Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, which enforces the
Chemical Weapons Convention, has sought to examine facilities in the
Source: "Chemical Coup D’Etat: The US Wants to
Depose the Diplomat Who Could Take Away Its Pretext for War With
Iraq," George Monbiot,
Also available on http://www.commondreams.org/views02/0416-07.htm
8) How much military assistance is the Bush Administration asking
Congress to give
$2.2 billion — $60 million more than in 2004.
Source: New York Times,
9) Open: Arms sales worth $2.86 billion are being pushed to Eqypt and the
Please share this information face to face with as many others as possible based on as much commitment you can muster in yourself for your country, your fellow Americans and for the world. For more referenced questions and answers please visit our website at: www.votewiththefacts.org